Statements on Ukrainian Situation
The extraordinary circumstances of the crisis caused by the military attack on Ukraine have prompted the statistical community to express themselves on the situation.
Below are links to organisations' statements from:
- International Association for Official Statistics (IAOS)
- International Statistical Institute (ISI)
- Swedish Statistical Society (SSFr)
- Spanish Society for Statistics and Operation Research (SEIO)
- "In light of Russia breaking International Law invading Ukraine, which exposes Europe to a war without any precedent in this century, the Executive Committee of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research (SEIO) strongly condemns the current Russian military action in Ukraine. Our deepest sympathy goes to all the Ukrainians. Although we cannot hold our dear Russian colleagues responsible for the actions of their government, SEIO considers that the rejection must be forceful and displayed in all areas."
- French Statistical Society (SFdS)
- "The Société Française de Statistique (SFdS), the Société de Mathématiques Appliquées et Industrielles (SMAI), and the Société Mathématique de France (SMF) express their deep concern about the Russian invasion of Ukraine and its consequences on the International Congress of Mathematicians (ICM) to be held in Saint Petersburg in July 2022. The ICM, which is a unique opportunity to support international exchanges essential for mathematical research, cannot be held under the current conditions. The learned societies urge the International Mathematical Union not to hold it in Russia in July 2022."
- Baltic-Nordic-Ukrainian Network on Survey Statistics (BNU network)
- European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics (ENBIS)
- "ENBIS strongly condemns the war in Ukraine and calls for an end to the hostilities. ENBIS expresses its solidarity with the Ukrainian people and its statistical community."
- Latvian Statisticians’ Association (LSA)