- Going Viral – Modelling Spread03. 03. 2021event date: 18. 3. 2021The 2021 Annual Meeting of the Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operation Research (VVSOR) will be about the spread. Four international speakers will discuss their research on the spread of COVID-19 virus. The speakers will reflect on modelling 'Going Viral' and modelling spread, or how to reduce the spread of COVID-19, from their respective fields by using concepts from both statistics and operational research.
- Virtual ISI World Statistics Congress 202119. 02. 2021event date: 11.-16. 7. 2021The 63rd ISI WSC 2021 will be held 11-16 July as a virtual conference. The WSC theme “Statistics and Data Science for a Better World” highlights the developments and contributions of statistics and data science in various domains of application that impact all aspects of life.
- FENStatS welcomes improvements of funding opportunities by ERC19. 02. 2021The president of FENStatS has made a new effort to improve the funding conditions for statistical research by the European Council. The correspondence between the President of FENStatS and the Chair of ERC gives good hope for improvements of funding opportunities by ERC.
- Conference on New Techniques & Technologies for Official Statistics16. 02. 2021event date: 9.-11.3.2021NTTS 2021 features three exciting key notes and 30 parallel sessions, during which participants will be able to participate virtually in discussions and raise their questions to the speakers. Networking remains a keystone of NTTS as attendees will be able to participate in interactive and engaging experiences through a dynamic virtual conference platform.
- First One World YoungStatS webinar: Recent Advances in COVID-19 modelling05. 02. 2021event date: 10.02.2021YoungStatS project of Young Statisticians Europe, FENStatS, proudly announces our first One World YoungStatS webinar. With four young scholars, we will discuss Recent Advances in the Modelling of COVID-19, presenting novel statistical models, interesting advancements and applications of mechanistic models, as well as their combinations.
- DATA-LITERACY-CHARTA03. 02. 2021With the data literacy charter initiated by the Stifterverband in January 2021 and supported by numerous professional societies, a common understanding of data competencies and their importance for educational processes is formulated. The charter is in line with the Federal Government's data strategy and the Berlin Declaration on the Digital Society.
- National and Business Accounts for Sustainable Development Policies03. 02. 2021event date: April 19–23, 2021The International Conference on Accounting & Assessment in Statistics (ICAAS) 2021 is a new online conference, based on the overarching need to discuss ongoing developments on this topic in response to policy needs. ICAAS is held to address the issues of statistical methodologies and thematic applications in accounting and assessment. Discussions will focus on the new tools provision, particularly in the areas needed for sustainable development policies.
- Young Statisticians Europe announces its YoungStatS blog and webinar project10. 08. 2020Young Statisticians Europe (YSE) is an initiative of a group of young professionals in statistics, econometrics and data analysis, launched during a workshop in France in October 2018 by 20 representatives from 8 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Romania and Spain). It aims to develop a network of young statisticians at European level to facilitate idea and best practice exchange as well as better collaboration, both in research and teaching. The initiative has since received the support of FENStatS. To this day, YSE has been joined by other European gr...
- FENStatS COVID-19 Working Group17. 06. 2020In response to the FENStatS call, a working group was set up to deal with statistical issues surrounding the COVID-19 crisis. The first virtual meeting took place on 12 June and a total of 27 statisticians from 14 countries and the ECB, ECAS, ENBIS and FENStatS joined the group.
- COVID-19: Crises, politics and statistics24. 04. 2020Discussions are ongoing worldwide and a number of statistical reviews of the course of COVID-19 disease are published. Here are some interesting links that might interest a wide range of statistics.
- What is the role of statisticians in the context of the COVID-19 crises?20. 04. 2020The FENStatS initiates a wide discussion about what form we, the European statistical community, can and should get involved to overcome the current crisis. It is important that we statisticians do quickly and make our contribution to overcoming the current crisis. We are therefore counting on your interest and initiative in all possible directions in terms of research, data, models and much more.