- YoungStatS blog and webinar project will be announced during the World Statistics Day16. 10. 2020event date: 20.10.2020Young Statisticians Europe, an initiative of the Federation of European National Statistical Societies (FENStatS) announces its new YoungStatS blog and webinar project. The project will be presented on Tuesday, October 20th, in the context of the World Statistics Day. The presentation will take place on Zoom at 17:00 (Central European Summer Time, Berlin/Bratislava/Brussels).
- Young Statisticians Europe announces its YoungStatS blog and webinar project10. 08. 2020Young Statisticians Europe (YSE) is an initiative of a group of young professionals in statistics, econometrics and data analysis, launched during a workshop in France in October 2018 by 20 representatives from 8 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Romania and Spain). It aims to develop a network of young statisticians at European level to facilitate idea and best practice exchange as well as better collaboration, both in research and teaching. The initiative has since received the support of FENStatS. To this day, YSE has been joined by other European gr...
- FENStatS COVID-19 Working Group17. 06. 2020In response to the FENStatS call, a working group was set up to deal with statistical issues surrounding the COVID-19 crisis. The first virtual meeting took place on 12 June and a total of 27 statisticians from 14 countries and the ECB, ECAS, ENBIS and FENStatS joined the group.
- The Joint Statistical Meetings 2020 Is Going Virtual!15. 06. 2020event date: 1. - 6. 8. 2020The Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM) is the largest annual gathering of statisticians and data scientists held in North America. In 2020 it will be held virtually in August 1-6, 2020. JSM offers a unique opportunity for statisticians in academia, industry, and government to exchange ideas and explore opportunities for collaboration. Beginning statisticians (including students) can learn from and interact with senior members of the profession.
- The European Population Conference 2020 Cancelled!14. 06. 2020event date: 24. - 27. 6. 2020Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Council of EAPS and the Italian organizers had to decide that it will not be possible to hold the European Population Conference 2020 at the planned dates this June. We very much regret that we have to cancel EPC 2020, but the health and safety of our members and conference participants remain our highest priority. Taking into account that the current situation with the pandemic is still very volatile and the outlook for the near future remains very uncertain, the Council also had to decide that, unfortunately, it will not be possible to postpone EPC 2020 t...
- COVID-19: Crises, politics and statistics24. 04. 2020Discussions are ongoing worldwide and a number of statistical reviews of the course of COVID-19 disease are published. Here are some interesting links that might interest a wide range of statistics.
- What is the role of statisticians in the context of the COVID-19 crises?20. 04. 2020The FENStatS initiates a wide discussion about what form we, the European statistical community, can and should get involved to overcome the current crisis. It is important that we statisticians do quickly and make our contribution to overcoming the current crisis. We are therefore counting on your interest and initiative in all possible directions in terms of research, data, models and much more.
- United Nations World Data Forum 202020. 03. 2020event date: 18. - 21. 10. 2020The first United Nations World Data Forum was hosted from 15 to 18 January 2017 by Statistics South Africa in Cape Town, South Africa. The second UN World Data Forum was hosted by the Federal Competitiveness and Statistics Authority of the United Arab Emirates from 22 to 24 October 2018 in Dubai. The third UN World Data Forum will be hosted by the Swiss Confederation, with substantive support from the Federal Statistical Office of Switzerland from 18 to 21 October 2020 in Bern.
- Abdel El-Shaarawi Early Investigator Award - 202012. 12. 2019The Abdel El-Shaarawi Early Investigator (AEEI) Award 2020 was established by the TIES Board in order to recognize and honor early investigators who have made outstanding contributions to the development of statistical and/or quantitative approaches for research in the environmental sciences. The prestigious AEEI award 2020 is granted to a researcher, who is a TIES member for years 2019 and 2020, and has received their PhD within 12 years of the submission deadline (31st of January 2020) for nominations.