Stochastic Fluid Dynamics webinar
The study of fluid dynamics equations with white forcing is a classical topic in SPDEs and ergodic theory. Recently a new wave of interest, with a shift in focus towards transport noise, has risen, due to its connections with stochastic geometric mechanics, turbulence, climate modelling, stochastic parametrization and uncertainty quantification.
In a webinar held on Nov 15, 2023, selected young researchers will present their recent works on the topic.
When & where:
- Wednesday, Nov 15, 2023, 6:00 PT / 9:00 ET / 15:00 CET
- Online, via Zoom. The registration form is available here: link.
- Diego Alonso-Orán, Universidad de la Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
- Daniel Goodair, Imperial College London, UK
- Erwin Luesink, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Milo Viviani, Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, Italy
Discussant: Umberto Pappalettera, University of Bielefeld, Germany
The webinar is part of YoungStatS project of the Young Statisticians Europe initiative (FENStatS) supported by the Bernoulli Society for Mathematical Statistics and Probability and the Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS).
For more information, please visit the YoungStatS project website: link.