- SPE 2021 – XXV Congress of the Portuguese Statistical Society (SPE)06. 05. 2021event date: 13.-16. 10. 2021Our Congresses are the main forum of discussion of SPE; it is where we break new ground, brainstorm, meet, and network with Statisticians and other Data-driven professionals from Universities, Research Institutes and Laboratories, Industry, Government, Official Statistics, Regulators and Stakeholders. At this time, we will be celebrating the fact that SPE is entering a new cycle—after its 40th anniversary.
- Composite-Based Structural Equation Modeling: Developments and Perspectives01. 05. 2021event date: 19.5.2021The third “One World webinar” organized by YoungStatS will take place on May 19th, 2021. The focus of this webinar will be on composite-based structural equation modeling, particularly on partial least squares path modeling (Wold, 1982; Lohmöller, 1989) and approaches to assess composite models. The webinar will present some of the most interesting and recent theoretical developments and applications from younger scholars active in this area of research.
- The chief editor of the Journal of Official Statistics died19. 03. 2021Lars Lyberg, the eminent statistician, died earlier this month. Lars was the founder of the Journal of Official Statistics and served as Chief Editor for more than 25 years. A prolific author, Lars wrote or edited a number of books that have been fundamental to improving the work of official statistics, including Measurement Errors in Surveys (1991), Introduction to Survey Quality (2003), Survey Methods in Multicultural, Multinational and Multiregional contexts (2010) and Total Survey Error in Practice (2017).
- Worthy Information for Challenging Times16. 03. 2021event date: 26. - 28. 4. 2022The IAOS 2022 Conference organized in collaboration with Statistics Poland, will be held from April 26-28, 2022 at the Convention Center in Krakow, Poland. The theme of the 2022 Conference is “Worthy Information for Challenging Times”. With hope that the situation around the COVID-19 pandemic will have improved and restrictions on travel and indoor events lifted, the Conference will be organized in a face-to-face format in the beautiful city of Krakow, most likely with an option for virtual participation.
- FENStatS welcomes improvements of funding opportunities by ERC19. 02. 2021The president of FENStatS has made a new effort to improve the funding conditions for statistical research by the European Council. The correspondence between the President of FENStatS and the Chair of ERC gives good hope for improvements of funding opportunities by ERC.
- Virtual ISI World Statistics Congress 202119. 02. 2021event date: 11.-16. 7. 2021The 63rd ISI WSC 2021 will be held 11-16 July as a virtual conference. The WSC theme “Statistics and Data Science for a Better World” highlights the developments and contributions of statistics and data science in various domains of application that impact all aspects of life.
- DATA-LITERACY-CHARTA03. 02. 2021With the data literacy charter initiated by the Stifterverband in January 2021 and supported by numerous professional societies, a common understanding of data competencies and their importance for educational processes is formulated. The charter is in line with the Federal Government's data strategy and the Berlin Declaration on the Digital Society.
- Young Statisticians Europe announces its YoungStatS blog and webinar project10. 08. 2020Young Statisticians Europe (YSE) is an initiative of a group of young professionals in statistics, econometrics and data analysis, launched during a workshop in France in October 2018 by 20 representatives from 8 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Romania and Spain). It aims to develop a network of young statisticians at European level to facilitate idea and best practice exchange as well as better collaboration, both in research and teaching. The initiative has since received the support of FENStatS. To this day, YSE has been joined by other European gr...
- FENStatS COVID-19 Working Group17. 06. 2020In response to the FENStatS call, a working group was set up to deal with statistical issues surrounding the COVID-19 crisis. The first virtual meeting took place on 12 June and a total of 27 statisticians from 14 countries and the ECB, ECAS, ENBIS and FENStatS joined the group.
- COVID-19: Crises, politics and statistics24. 04. 2020Discussions are ongoing worldwide and a number of statistical reviews of the course of COVID-19 disease are published. Here are some interesting links that might interest a wide range of statistics.
- What is the role of statisticians in the context of the COVID-19 crises?20. 04. 2020The FENStatS initiates a wide discussion about what form we, the European statistical community, can and should get involved to overcome the current crisis. It is important that we statisticians do quickly and make our contribution to overcoming the current crisis. We are therefore counting on your interest and initiative in all possible directions in terms of research, data, models and much more.