The Federation of European National Statistical Societies
The Federation promotes mutual communication, co-operation and interchange of views among all those interested in statistical sciences, in their scientific principles, in a broad sense and in as wide a range of applications as possible. The Federation serves as an agency for the dissemination of technical and scientific information among the National Statistical Societies forming the federation, promoting their mutual collaboration and those activities that can augment the research scientific impact of the members, including international conferences, journals, books and other publications.
- YoungStatS blog and webinar project will be announced during the World Statistics Day16. 10. 2020event date: 20.10.2020Young Statisticians Europe, an initiative of the Federation of European National Statistical Societies (FENStatS) announces its new YoungStatS blog and webinar project. The project will be presented on Tuesday, October 20th, in the context of the World Statistics Day. The presentation will take place on Zoom at 17:00 (Central European Summer Time, Berlin/Bratislava/Brussels).
- Young Statisticians Europe announces its YoungStatS blog and webinar project10. 08. 2020Young Statisticians Europe (YSE) is an initiative of a group of young professionals in statistics, econometrics and data analysis, launched during a workshop in France in October 2018 by 20 representatives from 8 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Romania and Spain). It aims to develop a network of young statisticians at European level to facilitate idea and best practice exchange as well as better collaboration, both in research and teaching. The initiative has sin...
- FENStatS COVID-19 Working Group17. 06. 2020In response to the FENStatS call, a working group was set up to deal with statistical issues surrounding the COVID-19 crisis. The first virtual meeting took place on 12 June and a total of 27 statisticians from 14 countries and the ECB, ECAS, ENBIS and FENStatS joined the group.
- The Joint Statistical Meetings 2020 Is Going Virtual!15. 06. 2020event date: 1. - 6. 8. 2020The Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM) is the largest annual gathering of statisticians and data scientists held in North America. In 2020 it will be held virtually in August 1-6, 2020. JSM offers a unique opportunity for statisticians in academia, industry, and government to exchange ideas and explore opportunities for collaboration. Beginning statisticians (including students) can learn from and interact with senior members of the profession.
- The European Population Conference 2020 Cancelled!14. 06. 2020event date: 24. - 27. 6. 2020Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Council of EAPS and the Italian organizers had to decide that it will not be possible to hold the European Population Conference 2020 at the planned dates this June. We very much regret that we have to cancel EPC 2020, but the health and safety of our members and conference participants remain our highest priority. Taking into account that the current situation with the pandemic is still very volatile and the outlook for the near future remains very uncertain, the Coun...
- COVID-19: Crises, politics and statistics24. 04. 2020Discussions are ongoing worldwide and a number of statistical reviews of the course of COVID-19 disease are published. Here are some interesting links that might interest a wide range of statistics.
Objectives and activities
- The Federation proposes actions to the European Commission, other European institutions and supplementary donors to secure funds for projects in research and education in statistics. Furthermore, FENStatS prepares and presents projects that cater to research and education needs in statistics and requires its delegates to serve in panels and committee where funding is decided.
- The Federation encourages crossed participations in national events to increase international exchanges of experiences and research and to organise joint meetings on specific topics of interest for at least two European Member Societies.
- The Federation of European Statistical National Societies is web-based, with interactions and management mainly via the Internet; services, news and newsletters are made available on the Internet.
- The Federation supports the immersion of doctorate and post-doctorate students in statistics in international research networks, and actively cooperates with ECAS (European Courses in Advanced Statistics).
- The Federation promotes mutual communication, co-operation and interchange of views among all those interested in statistical sciences, in their scientific principles, in a broad sense and in as wide a range of applications as possible.
- The Federation serves as an agency for the dissemination of technical and scientific information among the National Statistical Societies forming the federation, promoting their mutual collaboration and those activities that can augment the research scientific impact of the Members, including international conferences, journals, books and other publications.
- The Federation collaborates with international statistical associations and in particular with the ISI (International Statistical Institute) and European Societies with statistical interests such as ENBIS (European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics).