Sociedade Portuguesa de Estatística Portuguese Statistical Society SPE
The executive committee
- President: Miguel de Carvalho, University of Edinburgh
- Vicepresident: Paulo M. M. Rodrigues, Banco de Portugal and Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Board member: Regina Bispo, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Board of Directors: Tiago Marques, Universidade de Lisboa
- Treasurer: Maria João Polidoro, Instituto Politécnico do Porto
The Portuguese Statistical Society (SPE) was founded in 1980 under the name of Portuguese Society of Statistics and Operational Research since initially its interest was divided by these two areas of knowledge. In 1991 it was deeply restructured, having adopted new statutes and adopted the present name of Portuguese Statistical Society.
This was followed by a period of great dynamism, with a substantial number of members joining in, as a consequence of the great interest that the Society began to arouse among the Portuguese statistical community.
The purpose of the SPE is to promote, cultivate and develop, in Portugal, the study of Statistics, its applications and related sciences. It is also in the interest of the SPE to bring together all statisticians and bring together people working in different areas of statistics in universities, the private sector and public administration.
News from the society
Sociedade Portuguesa de Estatística
Bloco C6, Piso 4, Campo Grande
1749-016 LISBOA, PORTUGAL
Phone: +351 217500427