Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa Spanish Society for Statistics and Operation Research SEIO
The Executive Committee
- President: Begoña Vitoriano, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Past president: Jesús López-Fidalgo, Universidad de Navarra
- Vicepresident (for Statistics): Carmen Armero, Universitat de València
- Vicepresident (for Operations Research): Mercedes Landete, Universidad Miguel Hernández
- Secretary: F. Javier Martín, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
The SEIO was first created on the 12th February 1962 under the name of the Spanish Operations Research Society. Its first meeting took place in the rooms of the Institute of Statistical Research of the Upper Council of Scientific Research and was attended by 52 people interested in methods of Operations Research and the propagation within Spain of the theory and practice in the field.
In a General Meeting held on the 30th June 1976, the Society’s activities of the SEIO were extended to include Statistics and Computing. In the General Meeting held on the 20th December 1984 it was decided to modify its statutes, name and commitments and the SEIO was henceforth referred to as the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research. In March 1999 some of the statutes were changed further and are the ones that govern the Society today. At present, the SEIO has around 700 members.
The Head Office of the SEIO
The Upper Council of Scientific Research
c/ Hortaleza, 104 - 2º Izqda, 28004 Madrid, Spain
Telephone: +34 91 308 24 74
Fax: +34 91 308 12 38