Polskie Towarzystwo Statystyczne Polish Statistical Association PSA
- President: prof. dr hab. Waldemar Tarczyński, (Szczecin)
- Vice-President: prof. dr hab. Grażyna Trzpiot, (Katowice)
- Vice-President: prof. dr hab. Józef Oleński, (Warszawa)
- Vice-President: prof. Dr hab. Włodzimierz Okrasa, (Warszawa)
- Treasuer: dr hab. Iwona Bąk, prof. ZUT, (Szczecin)
- Secretary: dr hab. Krzysztof Najman, prof. UG, (Gdańsk)
The Polish Statistical Association (PTS) is at present an organisation of representatives of the official statistics authorities, academic societies, territorial self – government, units of government administration, etc., who are interested in theory and practice of statistical surveys. It has over 100–year history and rich tradition.
The Polish Statistical association was created in Kraków in 1912. Its first president was Juliusz Leo, Professor of the Jagiellonian University and simultaneously the President of the Kraków City. The main purpose of the PTS before the 1st World War was to prepare an elaboration showing statistically the Polish territory from the most early to the current time moment. It was published in Kraków in 1915 r. and entitled „Statistics of Poland”.
News from the Society
POLISH STATISTICAL ASSOCIATION
Aleja Niepodległości 208
Tel. +48 22 608 35 01,