Magyar Statisztikai Tarsasag Hungarian Statistical Association HSA
The executive committee
- President: Dávid Rózsa, Director-General of the National Széchényi Library
- Vicepresident: Gábor Valkó, Hungarian Central Statistical Office
- Vicepresident: Peter Kovacs, University of Szeged, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
- Secretary: Zoltán Kormos, Hungarian Central Statistical Office
The Hungarian Statistical Association was established in 1922. Due to political reasons its activity – as an independent association – was suspended in 1948. Between 1953 and 1990 the HSA was functioning as a section of the Hungarian Economic Society. The independent Association was re-established in 1990.
Mission and objectives:
- Promote the development of statistical theory and practice; raise the scientific standard of statistics.
- Provide a forum for discussion of theoretical and practical issues of statistics; take an informed position in professional debates.
- Improve understanding between producers and users.
- Maintain relationships with international statistical institutes, federations (such as the ISI, FENStatS, etc.).
Dávid Rózsa, president
Hungarian Statistical Association
Keleti Karoly u. 5-7, 1024 Budapest, Hungary